Education – When the experts in the Education Department have held the diploma in Art and Craft by the Kurukshetra University is not equivalent to the two-year diploma in Art and Craft awarded by the Haryana Industrial Training Department, the High Court was not justified in equalizing them.
The High Court has erred in holding that the diploma/degree in Art and Craft given by the Kurukshetra University is equivalent to two-year Diploma in Art and Craft examination conducted by the Haryana Industrial Training Department or diploma in Art and Craft conducted by Director, Industrial Training and Vocational Education, Haryana. [Paras 20 & 26]
Case Law Reference
- Zahoor Ahmad Rather v. Sheikh Imtiyaz Ahmad, (2019) 2 SCC 404
- Guru Nanak Dev University v. Sanjay Kumar Katwal, (2009) 1 SCC 610
- State of Rajasthan v. Lata Arun, (2002) 6 SCC 252
- J. Ranga Swamy v. Government of Andhra Pradesh, (1990) 1 SCC 288
- Mohammad Shujat Ali v. Union of India, (1975) 3 SCC 76